Daytour | 09:00 -> 18:00
We'll visit a winery in the beautiful valley surrounding the Roman city Matelica.
The story from grape to Verdicchiowine starts with a guided walk through the Verdicchio vineyards and ends
with a tasting of the final product in the cellar or the cantina, often accompanied with local snacks.
Optionally, you can compare this wine with the more familiar Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi during another tour.
You will enjoy lunch in a typical local trattoria or agriturismo.
In the afternoon you'll reach the tiny vineyards of the Vernaccia di Serrapetrona via a beautiful route, where an exclusive red sparkling wine is produced. Brut or sweet, the two variants are possible. It is as unique as it is ancient. It also stands apart from the crowd as it is the only wine that can withstand three fermentations. This wine was the first Marchigian wine to get the quality DOCG label (Denominazione originale e controllata garantita).
Sequence of the program can vary according to local circumstances.
- ° Pick up directly from your holiday accommodation or from prearranged meeting points (in the province of Ancona).
- ° All excursions are made with a luxurious minivan with air conditioning, tinted windows and individual chairs.
- ° Entrance fees and tastings where specified.
- ° Typical Marchigianian lunch included wine.
- ° English speaking private guide / driver.
- ° You can start these tours from March until November on any day of the week, except Sundays.
- ° Please contact us for availability.
- ° Bookings at least two days in advance.