Half-Daytour | 9:30 -> 13:00
The visit to the oil mill includes an explanation of the traditional and the modern press methods,
learning the difference between various olive oil and tasting of appetizers with the corresponding
olive oils. From mid-October to mid-December the olive mill is in operation!
Not all olives are suitable for olive oil.
There are some 400 types of olives, some more suitable to eat than to be squeezed into oil. The mill in San Paolo di Jesi has a tradition for more than 30 years and Nadia explains the visitors with pleasure the entire process from olive to oil. Moreover, she makes everybody "expert" in the complex world of olive oils, which leaves buying a poor olive oil a thing of the past.
As a professional olive oil taster she reveals the guests how to taste olive oil, a nice surprise because the liquid gold can take on totally different tastes. Each dish also requires another olive oil and that you learn when tasting the snacks.
From mid-October until the end of November depending on weather conditions, you can also be a day with the olive harvest. This is followed by the pressing of the olives in the mill, and as great reward of the hard work, the fresh olive oil can be taken home.
Sequence of the program can vary according to local circumstances.
- ° Pick up directly from your holiday accommodation or from prearranged meeting points (in the province of Ancona).
- ° All excursions are made with a luxurious minivan with air conditioning, tinted windows and individual chairs.
- ° visit to an olive oil mill with expert information on the complete process from olive to oil.
- ° initiation into the tasting of olive oil.
- ° final tasting of different olive oils and some local snacks.
- ° English speaking private guide / driver.
- ° You can start these tours from March until November on any day of the week, except Sundays.
- ° Please contact us for availability.
- ° Bookings at least two days in advance.