Daytour | 10:30 -> 18:00
Go along with a truffle hunter and his dog.
See how the dog locates the truffles, get all the explanation about how and what, followed by a guided tour through the little factory where they make all kind of delicies with truffels and to finish with a tasting.
Near Urbino and Urbania you can find Acqualagna, together with Alba, the Italian capital of the truffle. Here is held each year in early November the national white truffle fair "Fiera Nazionale del Tartufo Bianco".
Truffles grow underground in Le Marche, Tuscany, Umbria and Piedmont, and each region has its own kind of truffles. Truffle is a mushroom, but because you do not see them, they are difficult to find. In the truffle time you'll frequently see men or women walking in the forest with in one hand a bag and in the other hand a leashed dog. The dog hunts truffles, the bag is to store them in.
Sequence of the program can vary according to local circumstances.
- ° Pick up directly from your holiday accommodation or from prearranged meeting points (in the province of Ancona).
- ° All excursions are made with a luxurious minivan with air conditioning, tinted windows and individual chairs.
- ° Entrance fees and tastings where specified.
- ° Together with a truffle dog search for truffles, accompanied by a hunter.
- ° Visiting a company where they process truffles.
- ° Final tasting of various products in which truffles are processed.
- ° English speaking private guide / driver.
- ° You can start these tours from March until November on any day of the week, except Sundays.
- ° Please contact us for availability.
- ° Bookings at least two days in advance.